1st Dan/Poom – 50hrs internship , 8 competition or seminar or private courses.
2nd Dan/Poom – 75hrs internship , 4 competition , 2 seminar and 4 coaching experience.
3rd dan/Poom – 100hrs internship , 6 competition , 2 seminar and 6 coaching experience.
4th Dan/Poom – 200hrs internship , 8 competition , 2 seminar and 8 coaching experience.
Master Wong recommends the following certifications as a matter of course for instructors who wish to develop as teaching professionals in the field of sport science and Taekwondo.
- SafeSport: USOC Coach Safety Certification (safesport.org)
- First Aid/CPR/AED Basic Life Support (American Heart Association: www.heart.org)
- USA Taekwondo Certification
- Coaching certification with an USOC-affiliate sport at www.teamusa.org, especially
- USA Gymnastics
- USA Track & Field
- USA Judo
- US Soccer
- Physical Trainer Certification (ACSM: certification.acsm.org)